Scholarships Awarded to High School Graduates & Non-Traditional Students
Price Electric is proud to offer a robust scholarship program to active members and their dependents. In 2020, PEC offered $24,000 in scholarships!
The scholarships are funded through unclaimed capital credits and distributed via the Federated Youth Foundation.
Scholarships for High School Seniors
Three $1000 scholarships will be awarded to qualified applicants at each of the following local schools: Butternut, Chequamegon, Phillips, Prentice, and Rib Lake. Recipients for the local high school scholarships will be selected by the scholarship committee at each school. Applications will be made available at each school and should be submitted to the school's guidance counselor(s) within that school's submission deadline.
In addition to the fifteen scholarships at area high schools, Price Electric also offers two at-large $1000 scholarships to students whose parent or guardian is a PEC member and does not attend a local high school, and two $2500 scholarships to students who are planning to attend vocational school for Electrical Power Distribution or the Electrical Line Worker Apprentice Course. Each student is eligible to receive one scholarship.
Awards will be presented to the college or vocational school when proof of completion of the first semester and enrollment in the second semester is furnished to Price Electric Cooperative. Scholarship must be redeemed within two years of being awarded.
The eligibility criteria for the high school senior scholarships is as follows:
- Applicant or applicant’s parent/legal guardian must be a member of Price Electric Cooperative.
- Student must be a graduating high school senior.
- Student must have a 4 year cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Student must plan to continue in post-secondary education at the college or vocational school.
- Student must be accepted into the school where the scholarship would apply.
- Family income is not a deciding factor in scholarship awards.
- An independent panel will judge the applications and select the scholarship recipients.
Scholarships for Non-Traditional Students
Price Electric supports our local members wishing to further their education. To assist these members, we offer two $1000 scholarships to eligible members entering or returning to a university, vocational, or technical college as a non-traditional student.
Disbursement of non-traditional scholarships will be awarded after all qualifications are met and with receipt of transcripts and verification of enrollment from eligible recipient, and will be disbursed to the college or vocational school.
For this purpose, a non-traditional student is one who is age 25 or over, AND meets one of the following criteria:
- Did not continue and/or complete post-secondary education after high school
- Attends college on a part-time basis
- Works full-time
- Has children or dependents other than a spouse
The eligibility criteria for the non-traditional scholarships is as follows:
- The applicant must be a member, or the dependent of a member, of Price Electric Cooperative and a resident of the Cooperative’s service territory.
- Applicant (if the member), must be in good standing with Price Electric. If the applicant is a dependent, the applicant’s guardian who is a member must be in good standing with Price Electric.
- The recipient must have maintained a 2.5 (or better) grade point average during their current quarter or semester of post-secondary education.
- The recipient must be enrolled in a course of study leading to an associate’s or bachelor’s degree or certificate.
- The recipient must be enrolled with a minimum of five (5) credits and be in good standing at the school they are attending.
- Price Electric employees, dependents of employees, and directors are not eligible.
- The non-traditional scholarship will be limited to a one-time award. After receiving a scholarship, the individual will not be eligible for future awards.
- The program must be for a minimum of one school year.
Please submit the relevant scholarship form and supporting paperwork to Price Electric Cooperative, PO Box 110, Phillips,WI 54555 or email@example.com.
The deadline for 2020 electrical distribution, at-large and non-traditional scholarships has passed. Please watch this space for information on our 2021 scholarship program.
For more information, call Member Services at (715) 339-2155 or 1-800-884-0881, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.