$17,000 to be Awarded to 2019 High School Graduates
Through the Federated Youth Foundation Scholarship Program, Price Electric scholarships are available to high school seniors whose parents or guardians are active members of Price Electric Cooperative.
The scholarships are funded through unclaimed capital credits and distributed via the Federated Youth Foundation.
Two $1000 scholarships will be awarded to qualified applicants at each of the following local schools: Butternut, Chequamegon, Phillips, Prentice, and Rib Lake. Recipients for the local high school scholarships will be selected by the scholarship committee at each school. Applications will be made available at each school and should be submitted to the school's guidance counselor(s) within that school's submission deadline.
In addition to the ten scholarships at area high schools, Price Electric also offers two $2500 scholarships to students who are planning to attend vocational school for Electrical Power Distribution or the Electrical Line Worker Apprentice Course and two at-large $1000 scholarships to students whose parent or guardian is a PEC member and does not attend a local high school. Each student is eligible to receive one scholarship.
Awards will be presented to the college or vocational school when proof of completion of the first semester and enrollment in the second semester is furnished to Price Electric Cooperative. Scholarship must be redeemed within two years of being awarded.
The criteria for awarding the scholarships is as follows:
1. Applicant or applicant’s parent/legal guardian must have an active electric account with Price Electric Cooperative.
2. Student must be a graduating high school senior.
3. Student must have a 4 year cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
4. Student must plan to continue in post-secondary education at a college or vocational school.
5. Student must be accepted into the school where the scholarship would apply.
6. Family income is not a deciding factor in scholarship awards.
7. An independent panel will judge the applications and select the scholarship recipients.
The deadline for 2019 at-large and electrical distribution scholarships is 4:00 pm on Friday, April 26, 2019!
Please submit application form to Price Electric Cooperative, PO Box 110, Phillips, WI 54555 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, call Member Services at (715) 339-2155 or 1-800-884-0881, or email email@example.com.