Price Electric is excited to announce our Scholarship Program for high school seniors!
Through the Federated Youth Foundation Scholarship Program, scholarships are available to area high school seniors whose parents or guardians are active members of Price Electric Cooperative. Scholarships will be distributed as follows:
- Two $500 scholarships each to Chequamegon, Butternut, Phillips, Prentice, and Rib Lake High Schools.
- Two $500 at-large scholarships to high school seniors who are not enrolled at any of the schools listed above but whose parents or legal guardians are members of Price Electric Cooperative.
- Two $500 scholarships to high school seniors who will be attending vocational school for Electrical Power Distribution or will be enrolling in the Electrical Line Worker Apprentice Course and whose parents or guardians are members of Price Electric Cooperative.
Eligibility will be determined according to the following criteria:
- Applicant or applicant’s parents or legal guardians must be an active member of Price Electric Cooperative.
- Student must be a graduating high school senior.
- Student must have a four-year cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Student must plan to continue in post-secondary education at a college or vocational school.
- Student must be accepted into the school where the scholarship would apply.
- Family income is not a deciding factor in scholarship awards.
Recipient selection for the local high school scholarships are made by the scholarship committee at each respective school. Recipient selection for the at-large scholarships are made by an independent panel. Payment will be made to the college or vocational school when proof of completion of the first semester and enrollment in the second semester is furnished to Price Electric Cooperative.
Application forms for Electrial Distribution Scholarships are available at the high schools or via the link below. Applications for the Chequamegon, Butternut, Phillips, Prentice and Rib Lake scholarships should be submitted directly to the guidance counselors at each respective school in accordance with their deadlines. The application deadline for at-large and Electrical Distribution scholarships is 4:00 pm on Friday, April 28, 2017.
For more information, contact Member Services at (715) 339-2155 or 1-(800) 884-0881, or by email at email@example.com.