Through the Federated Youth Foundation Scholarship Program, Price Electric scholarships are available to high school seniors whose parents or guardians are active members of Price Electric Cooperative.
The scholarships are funded through unclaimed capital credits and distributed via the Federated Youth Foundation.
Two $500 scholarships will be awarded to qualified applicants at each of the following local schools: Butternut, Chequamegon, Phillips, Prentice, and Rib Lake. Each school handles the selection process independent of Price Electric Cooperative, sets the date for selection, and can use its current application form.
In addition to the ten scholarships at area high schools, Price Electric also offers two $500 scholarships to students who are planning to attend vocational school for Electrical Power Distribution or the Electrical Line Worker Apprentice Course. Each student is eligible to receive one scholarship. The deadline for application is in late April of each year. Please watch this space for next year's scholarship application information.
Awards will be presented to the college or vocational school when proof of completion of the first semester and enrollment in the second semester is furnished to Price Electric Cooperative. Scholarship must be redeemed within two years of being awarded.
The criteria for awarding the scholarships is as follows:
1. Applicant or applicant’s parent/legal guardian must have an active electric account with Price Electric Cooperative.
2. Student must be a graduating high school senior.
3. Student must have a 4 year cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
4. Student must plan to continue in post-secondary education at the college or vocational school.
5. Student must be accepted into the school where the scholarship would apply.
6. Family income is not a deciding factor in scholarship awards.
7. An independent panel will judge the applications and select the scholarship recipients.
For more information, call Member Services at (715) 339-2155 or 1-800-884-0881, or email email@example.com.